12.1.09

What the...

I am amazed at my child... This sounds completely self-indulgent, and it may be, but this is MY blog...
As I sit here typing my little entry, my daughter swings beside me, trying ever so hard to reach up and grab the mobile spinning above her head. It is just out of reach, and she's not strapped into the swing... She almost knows that I'm ready to clip her in when I sneak a glance and realize she's making a back-bridge worthy of a gold medal, in an attempt to reach the spinning birds... How on earth did she get big/strong enough to attempt this kind of thing??? Now she's attempting to flip herself out of the swing- I'm sure she hasn't thought about what she would do if she were actually successful, or that maybe if she were to flip herself out her crash landing would be rather painful... It's times like this that I wonder if she's really just trying to get my attention, so I know that maybe she isn't such a helpless little creature after all... Oh wait, she's reclining again and sucking her toes through her footie pajamas- still needs me!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Thanks Allison for the nice comments on my blog! You have such a beautiful little girl. Isn't being a mom the best? :)