29.3.11

House Horrors

My parents were in Arizona last week so my Dad could indulge his yearly need to fulfill all his childhood fantasies going to Spring Training, etc... They had fun. They house hunted, you know, just in case they ever want to retire somewhere warm, I mean who wouldn't want to stay here in frozen Canada forever... With decent houses starting in the $60k region, I think they could definitely afford to retire there, and I will be pushing the idea until they make it a reality. Not that I have a selfish need for free accommodations in warm climates... So then it got me thinking, hmmm maybe I should just peruse some listings, just for fun. I have a dream house in mind, and this blog isn't big enough for all my ideas, but I can tell you what I have found that will not be on my list. Ahem, why would anyone put their microwave in their island, at exactly the height where children could spend hours upon hours playing with it??? Seriously, even if it's just being stored there, isn't that a bit crazy? I can only imagine how long it would be before my microwave was completely destroyed... The glass turn table shattered in a matter of minutes... the door torn completely off... dirty fingerprints all over it... Why home builders, why? Also, an entryway/foyer in my humble opinion, should be big enough to actually enter the house, get your shoes off and hang a coat up with very minimal stumbling over everyone else's stuff... I have big future plans, BIG FAT ENTRYWAY plans in mind. Also, I have a problem with the fact that in some houses they shove a den upstairs that is a few feet bigger than the 2nd and 3rd bedrooms. We all know that the den would end up becoming a bedroom and the smallest bedroom would end up being the den, so let's just label things accordingly to begin with. I know, all things that can usually be modified when you're building, but why not just package it that way to begin with and have the "bigger den" be the option? Sigh... I have way too much time on my hands today.

3 comments:

The Staheli's said...

HAHA! That's too funny. My mom decided to do her microwave in her island because it freed up needed counter space. But she has a door on hers which is good, but also bad because then fingers can get smashed too.
I love looking at homes and home plans. One day....

Anonymous said...

Oh convince your parents to get a place down in az! We can take off for girl weeks/months! I can stay at my in laws, you at your parents! It's perfect!!

doyles said...

this is awesome. i also look for homes and random trips to see how much everything is. *sigh one day!!